Monday, February 13, 2006

(Frost) Bite Me

"Winter is nature's way of saying, 'Up yours.'" ~ Robert Byrne

This warm(ish) weather is playing tricks on my mind. I've gotten used to the warm sun shining through the car window, eating Subway in the park, trying on shorts and tees at the mall.

Usually, I love winter. Bundling up in warm coats and fuzzy scarves, cheeks kissed pink by the winter air. Hoping for snow days, and then spending them curled up in cozy pajamas by the fireplace. And the beverage of choice for those cold winter days? Hot chocolate. With fluffy marshmallows and whipped cream, of course.

But this "winter" is different. The warm days have been quite calming, an energizing contrast to a freezing cold office. I don't want to wear the bulky coats. I don't want to mess with the little balls of fuzz my sweaters leave everywhere. I don't want to strangle myself with scarves. I don't care for anymore snow/ice/whatever it is here in Texas and I'd rather my cheeks be kissed golden by the sun.

And Jack Frost -- keep your hot chocolate. I'm holding out for an ice cold pina colada.

No comments: