Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

"The only man who is really free is the one who can turn down an invitation to dinner without giving any excuse." ~ Jules Renard


My neighbors -- the Spastics -- have been itching to have us over for dinner again soon.  Which has sent us into jump-in-the-car before they see us mode.  Not that I don't enjoy them as neighbors, it's just that their kids are a tad bit exhausting.  Or overwhelming.  Maybe both?

My heart goes out to them for being neighborly, and they're good people.  But after the first experience?  I'm a little hesitant.  You can read about it here.  



3 comments:

Nej said...

I hear the Mission Impossible theme music playing in your background!!! :-)

William Street Store said...

haha you poor things!! Overly ambitious neighbours scare me. I am glad I avoid mine!! good luck x

Jen (emsun.org) said...

Just say no. ;)