Thursday, September 4, 2008

Searching for Inspiration

"I didn't get into design to be an artist. To me, an artist creates things to evoke emotion. Being a designer goes a step further than that, not only trying to evoke emotion but trying to make a reaction." -- Mike Davidson

I recently moved into a new house and have finally got most of the boxes unpacked and put away. Now it's time to tackle the white walls, which are starting to feel a little sterile, a little blah.

But I need help. So I turned to my dear friend Google for some inspiration and found a few "treasures" along the way, including this rad outdoor living room in Miami:

And then I found this chair ... I think it speaks for itself ...

I can imagine having my family over, with everyone playing musical chairs to avoid sitting in this pink, Playboy-like disaster. Moving right along ...

I instantly fell in love with this beautiful, Old World entryway with iron spindle staircase:

And I love checkered flooring ... so chic ... so castle-like ...


The color on the wall is similar to a color I used at our old house ... and hubby made me promise to never use it again. I didn't think it was that girlie. I thought men liked blue?

I'm still searching for the right burst of inspiration to come along -- I admit I have commitment issues when it comes to paint colors ... and furniture selections ... and just about everything else. But maybe, just maybe, this time around will be different.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi
hello
how was your day?
i liked your blog
you are fantastic!!!

really nice blog
fabulous fantastic
bye
take care
see you